Good news! Session has voted to allow small groups to meet inside the church building beginning November 1. We are very excited to have this opportunity to meet again in person, but there are specific guidelines that are in place that must be followed in order to allow groups back in.
Small Groups are those with equal to or less than 15 participants. Group size is limited to no more than the maximum allowed by NJ State law during Covid-19 and, if indoors, the size of the room with chairs configured for Social Distancing (6 foot spacing). Most rooms can only hold 4-9 people.
All groups must have a Responsible Person who is responsible for adherence to the Policy and collecting names and contact information for all participants who attend.
Small group meetings (whether indoors or outside) are to be approved by the office manager & property manager. Please allow at least 24 hours before you want to meet to book the room so that appropriate room approval and entrance/exit routes can be given. To reserve a room, email both Mike Ohlson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dawn Goldbach (email@example.com).
- Groups should meet outside if at all possible and maintain social distance of 6 feet between each person.
- Prior to attending, participants should self-check using the COVID-19 Screening Questions and stay home if any are true (see attached).
- Attendance must be taken by the small group leader at each meeting and sent to the office manager within 24 hours for contact tracing purposes
- Attendance can be dropped off in main office, emailed or texted to office manager
- Groups meeting inside must also observe the following:
- Participants must wear facemasks and be at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Small groups will be assigned a room that allows for Social Distancing in the seat configuration. Do not change rooms. Your room will be cleaned after use.
- Groups must follow the entrance and exit entrances provided to them by the office manager & property manager
- Hallways will be designated as one way. All participants should observe the direction during times when more than one person is in the hallway.
- All participants should wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- No communal food, no food service of any kind.
- No shared items, ie: papers, game items, phones, eating utensils etc.
- No singing (or activities that increase breathing intensity such as athletics)
- Restroom use should be limited. One person at a time in a restroom.
- Only one person in the Elevator at a time. Use stairs if able.
- Rooms 100A, B and C will not be used M-F daytime hours due to preschool regulations
- Parents of minors in attendance will be told when small groups are meeting indoors.
- The Covid-19 Expected Conduct will be sent to all adults who pre-register and all parents of minors who are attending indoor meetings. The Covid-19 Expected Conduct will be displayed throughout the building to encourage compliance.
Please see the COVID self-check list and the Expected Conduct policy. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Mike Ohlson or Dawn Goldbach (either via email or by calling the church at 908.665.0050).