Each Sunday, New Providence Presbyterian Church holds the following in person services:
- 9:30AM in the Ministry Center - Contemporary Service
- 11:00AM in the Sanctuary - Traditional Service
- 7:00PM at the Tent - High School/College Worship Gathering (all ages are welcome to attend)
In addition to our in-person services, our 9:30AM and 11:00AM online services will continue. They can be viewed on our website or on Facebook. Services are also broadcast at 11AM on channels Fios 33 and Comcast 36.
With the new guidelines from Gov. Murphy on COVID protocols, the Elders are excited to announce that beginning Sunday, June 6th –
- The 11 a.m. worship service will be held in the sanctuary and will no longer be held in the tent. The tent will continue to be used for church events such as VBS and other gatherings.
- Social distancing and room capacity limits have been lifted, which means we can fully use the Ministry Center and the Sanctuary, including the balcony.
- We will no longer require reservations for either the 9:30 a.m. or the 11:00 a.m. worship service. Just come!! Contact tracing is no longer required.
- We will not be taking anyone’s temperature as they enter the building.
- According to the Governor’s guidelines masks are not required indoors if you have been vaccinated. The Governor still asks unvaccinated people to wear masks indoors. However, we will not be checking anyone’s vaccination status. As Christian citizens the Bible tells us to obey our government (Romans 13:1) and so we leave the issue of masks to each person’s own conscience and comfort level. Many vaccinated people may still choose to wear a mask, and that is perfectly OK as well. We are not making any scientific or political statements regarding the use of masks. We are only trying to follow the guidelines given to us by the Governor, whether we agree with them or not, and keep our community healthy.
- We will continue to offer two online services each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- For Communion we will continue to use the individual wafer and juice cups for the foreseeable future.
- There will be no bulletins or passing of the offering plates. You are encouraged to give online or to use the offering boxes placed at the entrances to each worship venue.
- Bible and hymnals can be used in the sanctuary.
- Singing is allowed.
1307 Springfield Ave New Providence, NJ 07974